Born and raised in Greenville, SC, Kyle enlisted in the US Army Reserve in 2005. In the midst of his service, Kyle earned a BS in psychology from the University of South Carolina in 2009. He then enrolled in Auburn University’s Cognitive and Behavioral Sciences PhD program conducting research in the Laboratory for Integrative and Decision Sciences. During this time, Kyle gained his first experiences writing code and scripting in order to automate his experimental procedures in the lab. He enjoyed his coding and development tasks so much, he elected to pursue a career in development and left Auburn early with his MS in Experimental Psychology. He was hired by the IT department at the Mississippi Department of Education to perform database development in support of the department’s largest web applications. At this time, Kyle also began building web sites in his spare time and developed a keen ability in this area. In 2018 Kyle moved to Atlanta to be closer to his and his wife’s family.
Today, Kyle maintains and develops websites for Hughes Media. Using his extensive experience, he contributes with the team toward the fantastic design and marketing strategies that promote content on the web. Each day, you can find Kyle performing many functions, including:
• Ensuring clients’ web sites are up to date with security features and marketing efforts,
• Interfacing on clients’ behalf with domain registrars and web hosts,
• Testing webforms and ensuring emails leads are reaching clients,
• Modifying websites to meet client and marketing team designs, and
• Translating the design and marketing team’s concepts into live web sites.
When he’s not working for clients at Hughes Media, Kyle can be found enjoying life with his wife and dog, a beagle mix, often playing recreational tennis.