Marketing Automation is content driven. Without the content, there is no reason for the customer to engage. Content is built around education and/or entertains the audience in all stages of the buying journey. The engagement is tracked and determines the scoring. A marketing automation system is only as good as the data you put in. Content can be in the following forms:
Drip campaigns are a series of timely emails sent to your audience triggered based on behaviors. Key takeaways –
- Measuring engagement to determine how engaged the audience is with the campaign
- Effective timing
- Segmentation & Personalization
This is a tactic to nurture existing customers who have subscribed to your emails or contacted you through the website. Example:
- DAY 1 – Welcome!
- DAY 2 – Here’s a Free Gift
- DAY 10 – Get 20% OFF With Your Purchase
Replace previously captured form fields with new fields to collect more information, which allows you to continue learning about your prospect and/or customer without repeatedly asking the same questions that may annoy them.
Utilize predictive analytics software applications to first identify existing and possibly new sources to use for data, then apply data mining and statistical analysis to act on insight.
Create a Lead Scoring System that answers these questions to identify the Marketing Qualified Leads (MQL) and Sales Qualified Leads (SQL):
- How likely is the prospect/customer to purchase?
- What is the purchase size?
- What is the purchase timeframe?
- Identify people that need more nurturing based on their lower scores.