The strongest marketing plans today include a component focused on personalities or “influencers” who command a large presence on social media platforms. Briefly put, an influencer is anyone who holds high credibility and authority with a large audience. Once, these were celebrities from Hollywood, the music industry, the professional sports world, etc. Today, influencers can even be “regular” people who have built a tremendous audience on social media that may far out shadow the reach of traditional celebrities. The key for success lies in finding the right influencer for immediate and effective results.
Influencer Marketing Statistics
“On average, businesses generate $6.50 for every $1 invested in influencer marketing.”
- Tomoson Influencer Marketing Study, 2016
“70 percent of teenage YouTube subscribers trust influencer opinions over traditional celebrities.”
- Google YouTube Generation Study, November 2015
“86 percent of the most viewed beauty videos on YouTube were made by influencers, compared with 14 percent by beauty brands themselves.”
- Pixability, 2016 Beauty Study
Benefits of Incorporating Influencer Marketing
- Expanded outreach – your message is amplified through a Sci influencer to reach not just your customers and contacts, but the influencer’s as well.
- Increased credibility – research shows that the right influencer will promote the trustworthiness of your brand in the eyes of new and existing customers.
- Improved effectiveness – according to MDG Advertising*, 70 percent of consumers wish to learn about products through content rather than traditional advertising. Influencer marketing gets your brand in front of consumers in their preferred way.
- Enhanced SEO ranking – the Social Media Revolution^ uncovered that 25 percent of search results for the world’s 20 largest brands originate from user-generated content. Influencer marketing is a proven means to boost SEO results for your brand.
Hughes Media Integrates Influencer Marketing into Your Comprehensive Marketing Strategy
Our carefully designed process customizes a segment of your overall marketing plan to employ various influencer marketing strategies that will dovetail with your audience and your company. After a thorough evaluation of your company, audience, and goals, we implement influencer components including:
- Connecting with the right social influencers to further enhance the presence of your brand
- Initializing social media takeovers to reach new customers and increase engagement with your company
- Generating fresh interest and interaction through giveaways
- Organizing contests to surround your brand with excitement and celebration
- Providing live streaming videos of product reviews for compelling consumer education
Building Blocks Toward a Successful Social Media Strategy
Because marketing success requires insightful preparation, planning, and execution, methods that worked for one company may not work for yours. At Hughes Media, we take the time to carefully analyze the right components for your specific strategy so no element of your time or investment is wasted.
- We start by learning the ins and outs of your business, your industry, and your competition.
- We identify and research your target audience – who they are, what jobs they have, what motivates them, etc.
- We create an annual social media calendar comprised of monthly themes, posts, and social interactions, including a carefully crafted influencer marketing ingredient.
- Everything we do is seen and approved by our clients prior to posting.
Effective, Fruitful Results
Because our social media experts stay on top of the latest trends and innovations, Hughes Media clients have experienced:
- Extended fan base and followers
- Invigorated engagement and interaction with customers and new audiences
- Magnified brand awareness and greater exposure to new markets
To learn more about how the right social media strategy will place your brand at the forefront of your target audience and generate desired results, contact us today to set up a consultation.
About the Author:
Experienced President with a demonstrated history of working in the marketing and advertising industry. Skilled in Digital Strategy, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Integrated Marketing, Advertising, and Pay Per Click (PPC). Strong business development professional with a Bachelor’s Degree focused in Communications from Ohio University.