DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and prototype creative, professional, and visually appealing content that includes but is not limited to responsive website design, digital ads, and email/newsletter design.
- Design with best practices and optimal user experience for each medium (mobile website design, desktop mobile design, digital advertising, email, etc).
- Collaborate with account managers, art directors, and the development team to solve UX problems and create designs to meet business/marketing goals.
- Work relatively autonomously as needed, we need to trust your expertise to deliver high-quality design work and fill in gaps when not provided highly specific guidance.
- Prepare files and assets (optimized for SEO and website performance), and provide clear and organized support through the preparation and hand-off to developers.
- Present and defend design decisions and key deliverables to the internal team.
- Stay abreast of design trends and technologies, continuously looking for creative ideas, inspiration, and resources to sharpen your craft.
- Preferred: Ability to participate throughout the design process, from discovery & strategy, through design, build, test, release, maintenance, measure, and optimization.
- Preferred: Assist in project management of website builds, overseeing HTML and WordPress development for quality control and adherence to best practices.
This is an exceptional opportunity for anyone who is looking for the following:
- Work from home while still collaborating regularly with a strong digital team.
- A chance to build a portfolio with a diverse set of clients.
- Grow as a designer with the aid of our team’s feedback and ideation.
- Participate in collaborative brainstorming sessions with our team.
- Work on a wide variety of projects across different industries.
- Website designers who have designed or adapted custom website designs in Adobe XD to be custom coded. We are NOT looking for someone who works with page builders or drag-and-drop website templates to design websites.
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite – specifically Adobe XD, proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign. Proficiency with After Effects and Premiere Pro a plus.
- An eye for design aesthetic, exemplifying strong knowledge of best practices on the website and digital design, including information hierarchy, use of space and sizing, color theory, standardizing typography, other visual elements to maintain brand identity.
- An eye for pixel-perfect design and keen attention to consistency in design.
- Thinking outside of the box. We’re not looking to make websites that look like everyone else’s – we want unique concepts that match our clients’ vision.
- Experience – not just in web design, but in graphic design in general.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must provide a portfolio or examples of your work.
If that sounds like you – please submit an application.
Please make sure to provide a link to your portfolio!
- Job Type: Part-Time / Contracted
- Web Design: 2+ years (Preferred)
- Graphic Design: 3+ years (Preferred)
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, primarily XD, Photoshop & Illustrator. InDesign. (After Effects and Premiere Pro a plus)
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and WordPress is preferred.
- Project management experience is a bonus.
- Work from home
- Flexible schedule
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
Submit Your Resume